Once the player has found all of the fossil fragments, Katherine will approach the player and say:
"Look at you! You found all of the Anomalocaris fossil pieces. Lemme see about putting it back together..."
After reassembling the fossil, she will continue:
"The anomalocaris is over 500 million years old. That puts it right about the time of the great Cambrian eruption. It was a carnivorous creature living in an era of tremendous change. It's one of the most unique creatures in history. When it was first proposed, the academic community was skeptical. It just seemed like such a fantastical creature...But, whatever. That's not important now.
You know, this is actually one of the first fossils I've ever found here. We have to keep it protected and preserved."
In the Abyss, the fossil fragments are found at various points. Two of them are in the caves of the Abyss, while the other two are found on the seafloor. The exact locations are as follows:
- F-5, 168 meters/551 feet (near the Graveyard)
- I-5, 162 meters/531 feet (inside of the forest of Hydrothermal Vents, making it only accessible at night)
- G-3, 121 meters/397 feet (Inside Crystal Cave)
- G-7, 124 meters/406 feet (Inside Secret Cave)
- The Anomalocaris actually makes a brief appearance in Endless Ocean 2 as a legendary creature.