The Blue-Spotted Ribbontail Ray is a type of ray found in both games. It is also called the Blue-Spotted Lagoon Ray.
"This ray is greenish-yellow with large blue spots all over its body. It also has a long tail with a stinger at the end and two blue lines running from root to tip.
It blasts its prey with a jet of sand from the seabed, and then breaks up the fish or shellfish with its hard teeth. This species never buries itself on the sea floor."
Blue-Spotted Ribbontail Rays are mostly found in the Great Aqua Cave, swimming close to the seafloor inside of the multitude of tunnels.
These creatures can be found in the following locations:
- Ciceros Strait, G-1, A-5, G-8 and H-8
- Valka Castle, A-2 NE
- Cavern of the Gods, C-3 SE, C-4 S and D-4 SW
They can be seen swimming in small circles close to the ocean floor.
- Ciceros Strait: They move around the sandy ocean floor with no particular pattern of movement.
- Valka Castle: They are found in the first room with Luna Lionfish, swimming about, off to the side in the corner of the room.
- Cavern of the Gods: There are three doing small circles in the hall outside the Altar of Nephthys, and one inside of the Altar room itself.
- In reality, these stingrays are extremely lethal and will attack provokers. In game however, they are totally harmless.